Sign in or
I am in the centre SGTGerman armed with L98 DPWhen I started thinking way too much about zombies: After seeing this website
What started my zombie fixation: Films like Shaun of the dead and Resident EvilNot really but I have found some good tips on this site.
Favorite zombie book:
Favorite zombie movie: Shaun of the Dead
Favorite quote in any zombie movie:
Motto: Better to die than be a coward.
Battlecry: DEATH or GLORY!
I also have a thing for other militaries. You could spend eternity arguing who's better trained but that's something you couldn't generalise on. One thing I would love to do is go on exchange programmes with as many other forces as possible, especailly the Aussies because I hope to live their after my 24 year is up, and serve in there army. (Mainly to earn my keep. No what its like having someone scrounge of you and give nothing in return.) I also like comparing different "tactics" and "ideologies" to becasue you can never stop learning. No matter how long you've saerved etc etc there is always something you can learn. Also why use the same tactics all the time? You know hat they say: never fight the same enemy too often or he'll learn your tactics.
My Survival Plan:My “handle” should you look for you on the radio waves or web:
My location: UK
Is my plan dependent on zombies in your home town, or anywhere? Far away as possible really but if its local then I'll have to just deal with it.
Will I be staying in my home or headed somewhere else? Still under construction.
If I'm heading out, how do I plan to get there? Dad's bike or on foot.
Got anyone I want to take with me? As many as possible really but it depends on when and where the outbreak begins.
How will I communicate with the outside world, or do I plan to go the hermit route? Unknown
How am I planning to get food and water? Food from tins and water from brooks and rivers.
What’s my weapon of choice? Do you need to reload that thing? Gotta plan for that? I live in the Uk, so firearms are out of the question for the most part. I do have a fold shovel though...
Got a survival philosophy? safety in numbers and cooperation. Keep things simple and straight forward. Some guys here have awsome plans that are very detailed however I find that a bit too complicated to go by. For me, eat food cold on the move so you can walk and eat at the same time. Same with washing - I'm not saying be a mong for the rest of your life but I could go feral for at least a week to conserve water and supplies. Remember you don't no how long it will take before you get somewhere safe or how long you will be held up for at your "base."
Am I willing to hook up with other survivors? Yes.
Is my plan based on a book/movie/blog/scientist other survivors may have heard of?
35L Patrol Pack - No warning, need to go quickly. (BOB)
2. Thermal Flask.
3. Light weight towel - won't wash everyday to conserve water but when I do its important to try well to prevent stuff like skin cracking etc.
4. Small Wash kit - tooth brush and paste, razor, phoam, planel, soap and awasome bag to store compact.
5. Waterproof and Windproof smock.
6. 2x First Field dressings.
7. 2-3 pairs of thick socks - feet are the most important thing after weapon. If they get wet or damaged you will be stuffed.
8. Dry bag - this makes sure everythin is waterproofed in case it rains or I fall into water for whatever reason.
9. 2 packs of tissue paper - No way I'm leaving my back side dirty.
10. 24 x fuel sachets (each one burns for 20 mins)
11. 2x Rat packs.
12. Poncho with 8x tent pegs and 6x bungees.
13. Bug repellent and talcom powder.
I will also have an assault vest. Army webbing is okay but assault vest also provide you with better body protect. I wear this with my light bergen if i have to escape on foot. If necessary I can dump my Bergen if I have to.
1. Water bottle with filter - does not require me to stop and purify water.
2. Small torch - mounted on should part for checking out rooms etc.
3. Collapsable shovel - only real weapon.
4. Plastic Spork
5. Jet boiler - awsome cooker that heats water in just 90 SECONDS!
6. Hexi cooker - standard British Army cooking stove that folds to compact size. Alternitve heat source.
7. Cooking fuel - hexi blocks, gel and water proof matches etc.
8. Whistle - contacting others. Loud but when was the last time you saw a zombie blow a whistle?
9. Spare torch batteries.
10. Little first aid kit.
11. Rifle Cleaning kit - if I did have a weapon.
12. Magazines along with speedloaders and ammo i if I did have a weapon.
13. Map of home town and other towns.
15. Flint stryker.
My weapon would definatley be slinged so it would be seperated from me. As choice of weapon well it depends. Most people want something like a carbine which is fine but lets say I was on the move, why not have something like a submachine gun or a M1 Carbine especially. Light, compact, specifically designed for close range why not? (Then again if your planning to fight against raiders etc you may want a carbine.)
Think thats just about everything. Some of it isn't as detailed as others but thats a good outline of what I'd carry. If I was on foot by myself I wouldn't light a ***, never mind a fire unless I was absolutly sure the place was safe. There is safety in numbers so any survivors who are willin to help may join. Due to the major weapons shortage I think the best thing to do is to just hunker down or keep moving. I'm bang in the middle of the UK so escape will be difficult.
Its not perfectly written yet but feel free to ask me stuff I didn't mention.
Latest page update: Jan 9 2012, 6:03 PM EST