Sign in or
If you're reading my profile 'cause I said I said something smart or gave you an idea, then thanks for reading.
If you're reading my profile 'cause I said something that made me look like a dumbass... then my bad.
Right now, I'm working on a zombie story. The title isn't set yet, but it's different from most stories in that zombie movies existed, and the characters know what zombies are.
You can read it at: http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/page/Dr.+Zed%27s+Love.+Or%2C+How+I+Learned+To+Stop+Worrying+And+Kill+Some+Zombies
This is probably my favorite thread I've made: http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/thread/4263015/The+ZSDW+drinking+game!
About Me:When I started thinking way too much about zombies: Summer of '08.
What started my zombie fixation: I saw the original Dawn Of The Dead.
Favorite zombie book: ZSG
Favorite zombie movie: Army of Darkness (I don't care what people say. Ash is a zombie movie character, and Bad Ash rises from the dead. Therefore, I'm calling it a zombie movie.)
Favorite quote in any zombie movie:
"Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! You see this? This...is my boomstick! It's a 12 gauge, double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right; this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about 109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right; shop smart. Shop S-mart. Ya got that?!"
-Ash, Army of Darkness
"Yo, she-*****! Let's go!"
-Ash, Army of Darkness.
"Y'know, it's kinda cool. 'Cause I get to waste all these people, but they're ALREADY DEAD. So I'm not doin' anythin wrong."
-Andy, Dawn of the Dead (2004)
"Thank GOD for rednecks!"
"Tell him to get Burt Reynolds!"
-Steve, Dawn of the Dead (2004)
"I ever tell you about the time my buddy Keith..."
-Ellis, Left 4 Dead 2
Not a zombie movie, but:
Doc: Hey Sarge, do you have a, quote, "zombie plan", unquote?
Sarge: A zombie plan? Of course not!
Doc: See? I told you.
Sarge: I have 37 different zombie plans!
Grif: Wow. Now that's preparation! I am seriously impressed, Sarge.
Sarge: Well don't be, dirtbag. In 36 of the 37 plans I use your fresh corpse as bait, so that I can make my initial escape from the legions of the undead!
Grif: Well, at least I know there's one plan where I-
Sarge: In the 37th plan, I knowingly infect myself with the zombie virus, just so I can devour you!
Doc: Sarge, you gotta be pulling my leg.
Sarge: Why do you think I carry a shotgun with me at all times? You have to be ready to act on a moments notice! Hyah!
-Doc, Sarge, and Grif, Red vs. Blue.
Favorite quotes of all time (real-life. Not movies):
"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: we are winning."
-Colonel David Shoup, USMC
"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
"Speak softly and carry a big stick, and you will go far." -Theodore Roosevelt.
My Survival Plan:My “handle” should you look for you on the radio waves or web: Sasquatch.
My location: Rural area in Virginia.
Is my plan dependent on zombies in your home town, or anywhere?: I would prefer my hometown (it only has 1000 people) but I have prepared for other locations.
Will I be staying in my home or headed somewhere else?: Staying at home in the beginning, but I'll eventually leave.
If I'm heading out, how do I plan to get there? Truck, with a bike in the back. Although, like I said, I'm staying home for a while.
Got anyone I want to take with me? Yes, about 10 people, including family members and friends.
How will I communicate with the outside world, or do I plan to go the hermit route? I'll try to communicate with others. If I can't find a CB, I'll try the Internet.
How am I planning to get food and water? I have a fair supply (about a month's worth,) but there a several houses and a small store/gas station within easy walking distance.)
What’s my weapon of choice? Do you need to reload that thing? Gotta plan for that? Winchester Model 1894 .30-30 Carbine. I've got a few boxes of bullets, and I know how to reload. Backup weapons are a Springfield Armory 1911 and a Smith and Wesson 586 .357.
For melee, I've got a standard hammer and a screwdriver.
Am I willing to hook up with other survivors? Yes, provided they prove that I can trust them. (I.E. Don't try to rob me).
Is my plan based on a book/movie/blog/scientist other survivors may have heard of? Not really. It's more of a mix from lots of sources.
My take on the zombie survival guide:
I read the guide back in May ('09) and, while some things it says are helpful (getting people interested in zombies, instructions on barricades, etc.) However, there are many things I disagree with (namely, Max calling the M16/AR-15 a terrible weapon.) I think the AR-15 is a very good gun, but, since I don't have one, it's not my weapon of choice.
I just read it a second time, and I have to say that, while there are still some things I don't agree with I liked it a whole lot more for some reason.
My take on hand-to-hand combat:
I know you see in a lot of movies where people beat zombies down bare-handed. However, I don't think this would really work. Unarmed combat increases the chance of infection tenfold. I think that no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing, there's always a weapon around.
My dream weapon:
1. A Winchester Lever-action in .45 ACP. It would go well with a 1911.
My dream team:
1. Audie Murphy (General combat skills and tactics.)
2.Carlos Hathcock (sniping and tracking.)
3.Bob Lee Swagger [shooter] (same as above.)
4. William Wallace. (Melee, and guerilla tactics..)
5.Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil series.] (Zombie experience and special ops training.)
6. Jill Valentine [RE] (Same as above. Also, she's hot.)
7.Alice [RE movie series.] (Same.)
8.Jason Bourne [Bourne series] (General firearms and hand-to-hand combat.)
9.Peter [Dawn of the Dead.] (SWAT training and experience. Apparently, he has a few medical skills, too.)
10. Burt Gummer [Tremors series] (large supply of firearms and gear.)
11. Rorschach [Watchmen] (Hand to hand.)
12. Cameron [Terminator: TSCC] (no risk of infection. Same combat skills as the other Ts, but Cameron's better looking. Also, all Terminators know phsycology, to keep us sane. Finally, medical skills)
13. T-X [Terminator 3] (Same as above. Also, can morph and make melee weapons.]
14. John McClane [Die Hard.] (Police training. Also, he'd be cool to hang out with.)
15. Ash [Evil Dead.] (Deadite-killing experience. Also, his one-liners would keep up morale.)
16. Tallahasse [Zombieland] General badassness.
17. Ana [DOTD remake] Medical skills.
18. Rambo [Rambo series] (all-around survival and combat training.)
19. Gaz [COD 4] (SAS training and sense of humor.)
20. John Browning (weapon repair and maintainence.)
21. Samuel [Diary of the Dead] (farming experience)
22. Simo Hayha (sniping and hunting.)
23. Army medic (him/her and Ana would be able to do field surgery.)
24. Sean Connery (no reason whatsoever. He'd just be cool to have around.)
25. Sarah Walker and John Casey [Chuck] They make a good team, and are fairly smart and witty.
26. Captain MacMillan [COD] Sniping and awesome dialogue.
27. Epic Beard Man. Because HE IS A MOTHERF*CKER!
28. Eli [The Book of Eli.] He beats wholesale ass.
29. Jamie Hyneman: Engineering skills and badassery.
30. Sidney Prescott [Scream series.] (Knows how to handle herself. Also, I'm obsessed with with movie.)
31. Natasha Henstridge when she was 21 years old. (Um...yeah, I don't think I need to explain this one.)
How the military is preparing for hand-to-hand combat with zombies. (Just as a note, I'm completely pro-military. I just thought this was funny.)
Do NOT mess with Eli.
Tory from mythbusters is trying to jump the wagon. Do you think he'll make it?
Latest page update: Aug 17 2011, 11:22 PM EDT