Sign in or
Centorium's Survival plan
This Plan, Far more ambitious that my old one consists mainly of grabbin a houseboat and merrily sailing off unto a lovely
private island :)
So, Lets start of with the basics.
Provision's and back round info.
The Beauty of this plan is that it can be implemented with little to no preparation or warning.
However in the name of preservation I have prepared a traditional B.O.B consisting of...
Why A House/Narrow Boat?
- 2 Light weight all weather tents
- Food and water supplies as standard Inc Thermo of tea for sheer normality. Zombie
calm down.... Have some tea.
- A favourite book or two, just for psychological health once more.
- Mp3 players/I-pod, Music has a amazingly powerful affect on people's mood. The right
song can raise a smile, calm down a shock victim or even give courage to the meek.
- I will keep a diary of z-day which will have detailed records of all my finding's and actions.
- I will also keep a usb on me at all times which I've filled with things that I couldn't bear to
lose to zombie land (music, e books, copies of photos games etc)
- Maps of the Uk, Local area and Thames water ways.
- Lighter/Matches/pen Knife/Torch/Batteries
- 2x changes of clothes + spares (Moar Wooly Socks plz
Being in the UK I have a rather limited supply of weapons. Atop this At the start of our journey travelling
light is of theutmost importance.
And as such my make shift go to weapon is a slightly modified hand weightbar.
Simple, and perhaps not the most elegant weapon but brutally effective none the less.
An example of a Mid range houseboat
Many reasons actually..
1. The UK Is criss crossed with Water Ways/Canals/Rivers and Broads.
2. House boat are equipped with modern day comfort and furnishings including Hobs and ovens ranging from wood
fueled to gas.
3.Note the 250 gallon fresh water tank and auto water system and the 14 gallon hot water tank.
4.4240v 3kva generator for electricity .
Speed and Milage.
Cruising at 8 knots (roughly 9Mph) fuel consumption is around 1.20-1.40 Nautical Miles Per Gallon. Most House boats
have a fuel tank ranging from 50-350 gallons.Running at 2200 Rpm(against current) at1.20 Nautical Miles per
Gallon,a narrow boat with a50 gallon tankcan travel60 miles.Running at 1800 RPM(With current) at
1.40 Nautical Miles Per Gallonwith a350 gallon tank, a narrow boat can travel490 nautical miles
on a single tank.
Starting roughly from my house in Headington I Plan to, avoiding wherever possible build up area's, travel on foot to
Thames St, roughly a one hour walk.
Private hospital, Avoid at all costs.Air Cadets, Local Air Cadet's chapter. May be able to get info or equipment. (ignore black arrow)
Sports centre, sporting goods and equipment as well as nutrition supplements etc. May be worth checking out.
Planning anauticalVoyage? Where better to start than Oxford University Rowing storage? Wet suits, Rope and
a variety of equipment conducive a life floating around the water :)
Once aboard a suitable boat or, failing that any boat we can then proceed to along Route 2
Chemicals, Hardware and Tools. Can anyone spell spell supplies?
OxfordTrain station, Possible Zombie Hotbed avoid at all costs.
Home, Home,Sweet Home :)
So why choose this randomlumpof land?
Do I really want to choose this as my Zombie Vacation home?
Will I be able to survive,feed and water myself?
Allow me to explain some of the reasoning behind my choice
1.It's an island. Surrounded by water.
2.Two out of three of the entrance points are locks. So we are able to close and open the Locks as we please,
kind of like a drawbridge over a moat.
3.The third entrance is a thin wooden bridge which could be easily deconstructed.
4.Water current should help prevent Zombies from simply walking across the bottom of the canal. As well as
preventing the water from freezing over in winter.
5.Island and surrounding area are large enough to supply adequate farming area.
6.Waters around the island will provide an almost inexhaustible supply ofDelicious Fish.
1.Located less than a days journey fromOxfordby houseboat(couple of hours by smaller faster boat) for
easy looting.Survivors can scout out are's from the water and retreat back to the boat if the area is unsafe.
2.Commands almost uninterrupted views of surrounding land, almost impossibleto sneak up on.
3.At the narrowest point the canal is 7ft wide. More than wide enough to stop even the most athletic zombie
in their tracks.
4.Nearest built up area is a Wolvercote Villiage, roughly half a mile away.
The home survival guide.
This is a down to earth "stay at home" survival guide,it is fairly simple and realistic, it is cheap and requires little
or no pre-expenditure.Some people may say it is too simple or that i have no vast and unrealistic plan for restarting
a colony of humans to fight the hoard,or plan's to build a giant fortress to rival Helms Deep .
This is because of a few reasons;
- Being in the UK i have limited or no access to fire arms.
- I believe tat after a month or two the zombies will start to decompose naturally and become weaker as time
goes on,so it is more a waiting game until they pose little or no threat.
- I think it wiser to stay hidden and quiet,if no zombies know where i am then i have no reason to attack.
- Staying alive during the Z-attack is more important than planning on building a huge unrealistic city in the future.
Plans to colonise can be made during the time we are hiding,we will have more information on the Zed's then
and can plan accordingly.
- Building large fortresses will cost lots of time,labour and resources also building large fortresses will attract
larger amounts of Zeds.
My basic plan is to quite simply hide upstairs in my house... however i will then proceed to destroy my stairs and pile
the rubble against the front door.I will place supplies in the attic. I live in a rural-ish area...Spixworth which is maybe
6 or 7 miles to the city centre of Norwich.OK so that's the basics...
Provision's and back round info.
- The attic is warm even in winter due to it being properly insulated.
- I will use extension cables to have electricity in attic.As well as car battery's for when power goes out, NO
generators, too much noise and petrol,not enough room.
- I have batteries and torches upstairs.
- I have a hand wound radio/torch
- I have food and lighters/matches and some bottled water in attic/upstairs ready stock piled.
- Camping gear ready for moving upstairs
- There is a chemist,2 take aways and a medium size shop about half a mile down the road,these can b be
used to supplies in an emergency and 2 large super markets ,one 2 miles away and the larger 4 or 5 miles
away.I will avoid these to begin with as their supply will attract large hoards of survivors and as such Zeds
also they have butchers,fresh meat could attract Zed's.
- I have alot of book's in my house up stair's and in the case of a zombie out break would move some into attic
just in case.I have card's and games and lots of paper and pens ,a hefty box of K-nex and a larger box of
Lego etc...(you may laugh but we can't stare at a blank wall all day now can we...)
- I have about 10M of coiled rope and will also move this upstairs on Z-day (remember your
Sam-Wise,"rope Mr Frodo, if only I'd brought some rope"
- I have earplugs for blocking out the zombies while we sleep for Mentality/emotional health. But at
least one person will be on watch at all times so we don't miss anything.
- I have a satellite phone on order it and will keep it in my room ready for z-day.
- Mp3 players/Ipod for last stand (if it cannot be avoided) or for listening to soothing songs when people
panic,this will help them keep sanity,use sparingly for battery reasons.
- Vcr/dvd player and alot of dvd's/vcr's will be brought up into attic with a small t.v this is for entertainment
purposes and should help people keep in touch with thier sanity. I have head phones for the t/v also so
we can listen to it without alerting Zeds. Binoculars,wire cutters,can opener are a must have of course.
- I will keep a diary of z-day which will have detailed records of all my finding's and actions i will also keep
a usb on me at all times which i will soon fill with some thing's that should not be lost books and film's
and music. (the bible,the queen album's,red hot chili pepper's,harry potter,lord of the rings,James bond
that sort of stuff)
People Iwould invite into shelter,anyone who want in can come...I would first call up my girlfriend and
find out if she has a safe place to go and then invite her to come along to mine if I think my idea is better
than hers/if not join her lol.
"The Power 7"
I thought about zombie survival and After reading and thinking on it i came up with the power 7... get these sorted
and you can survive most zombie attacks.
- As you can see there is a water supply of sorts in the attic,the boiler i have experimented with and I can
get fresh water from here,its drinkable (if unpleasant)
- Obviously their is running water from taps in bathroom.
- While destroying the stairs i will fill the bath to the brim with water,the plug will be glued over to stop leaking out
and then i will wrap the bath completely in clingfilm to keep the water from evaporating and to keep it fresh(ish),it
should be drinkable if unpleasant. (we can wash in sinks if vanity strike us)
- I have some (not alot mind, maybe 12 bottles) of water under my bed ready for such an event( i plan on getting
more but keep forgetting).
- We can collect rain water from the roof.
- I have been stockpiling food matches and lighters in my attic for a while(mostly tinned and canned goods,
choc/energy bars,12 pots of noodles and pasta)the off date for alot of these foods is like 10 years into the future
and for 5 people i have enough food for about 2 month's (3 square meals) maybe 3 or 4 month's if we are carefull.
- Before destroying stair's i shall move any food that will not ruin in a day or two up stair's and put half in attic and
half up stair's (attic can get warm sometimes)
- Once the food gets low i will revert to my escape/expand plan
- I have camping stove and 2 or 3 gas canisters for it in cupboard,these will be moved upstairs also
- with food from my kitchen and my emergency tin's pasta etc i could probably survive 5 month's (that's with
very frugal rationing from day one)
- Am now planning to bring a few bags of flour and other small things as you can make bread and if you add
yeast and other stuff you can get bases for other things... oh the wonders of flour (thanks to mercob for this tip)
- Will also move upstairs/into attic a microwave (nothing a microwave can't cook) and a Car battery or
two ready if the power cuts out
- Destroying my stairs is going to be the most obvious and 2nd from last line of defence.
- I will blockade my front and back door with the furniture and rubble from the stairs,we can (if needed)
leave through the window's using ladder's
- I have marble stone flooring downstairs (took away carpet one day and discovered it).so i plan to coat
the floor in oil before retreating upstairs/keep oil at hand to throw onto floors from upstairs.The mixture
of stone floor and oil should slow down the Zed's with their lack of co-ordination and motor skills. A slippery
floor may prove to be trouble for the zombies.
- Being in England i am relying solely on melee weapon's / traps /fire to kill Zed's and as such i have a section
of pipe,crowbar and sledge hammer (for destroying stairs) in my attic,their not ideal but until i can get my hand's
on a machete they'll do,i don't like chain saw's as they are unpredictable and burn precious fuel I also
have made a spear out of a long pole and a knife (simple i know but its strong and effective).
- I may ( if i have time) dig pit fall traps into my garden (front and back),maybe with spikes in the bottom
(sharpened stakes) but if i don't have time then i will concentrate on barricading obviously.
- I WILL NOT use fire as a defence ,throwing flame's into my own fortress/house...not clever I may use
it as a weapon against zombies outside the house..
- I will set up some simple Trip wire's attached to bell's non the ground floor of the house so i have abundant
warning of any Zed's in my stay-at-home fortress.
- If zombies get into the house and are viewable from the top of the stair's i would insist that we retreat into
attic save for rare occasion's this is more for mental health more than anything.No-one likes to stare at
zombies all day. I have toyed with the idea of covering the hole made by the lack of stair's with something
(even just a sheet so we can;t see em) but I'm not sure if this is sensible as I'd like 2 be able 2 see them
if they sum how manage to break in.
- If they do manage to get into my down stair's then i will grab my spear and spend the day stabbing it into
zombie's ,aiming for the eye's, temples and Brain stem i should be able to take out zombies while staying
safe and with minimal damage to my spear.
- I will also insist people keep with them cans of RAID or similar bug killer,why you ask? with dead people
everywhere and the undead being so...undead mosquitoes are going to flourish in summer,If a skeeter
bites a zombie and then a human he/she could get the virus without ever even seeing a zombie.
- My very last line of defence is retreat into attic,close the door and proceed with my escape/expand plan.
- I Have basic supplies in bathroom,iodine for water,medicinal alcohol to clean cuts, bandages,Water
purification tablets etc.
- There is a chemist about half a mile down the road however the point of this plan is that i have little
time to prepare .But i will make it a point to have some-one drive down to the chemist and stock up on
all we will need before the Zed infection gets too bad. I have a medical dictionary and a sort of field guide
to some basic surgery's.
- I have a cupboard full of vitamin/protein/iron and various other supplement pills which shall be taken up
stair's so we can all stay reasonably healthy if our diet starts getting restricted to pasta and canned foods.
- I have t.v upstairs and that will be used as much as it can to find out basic info where attack started, how
it is passed on, infect ability, is virus waterborne,is virus airborne are animals effected etc.
- I have radio upstairs and in attic 66.6 my handle is centorium.
- I have wireless Internet and lap top, i plan to move my desk computer underneath its desk and then block
it up, then i will use its wireless Internet to access the Internet safe from upstairs in the attic. Information
will probably be a weak point in my plan,as soon as the radio/t.v stations go down I'm done...unless people
are logging on ?... even then i don't know how long i can sustain the Internet using a modem that i cannot
reach also as soon as power stops I'm stuffed for electrics I have a few car battery's but these will be
used for light/heat/cooking. I planned to buy a generator ,But i realised that this would be loud and
gobble up fuel,stay quiet and hidden.
- Map's in the attic ready for planning and use.A detailed local map and a A-Z road map for the UK,I will
NOT go abroad as it seems silly i would get lost easily and the weather/time diff would throw me off
(why put myself ad disadvantage) I would take a boat half a mile off-shore at the best...but that's a
- In my collection of books i have car manuals that cover some of the popular car types for my area,
some wilderness survival guides and a bible(First book to mention zombies or a sort of z-day(judgement day)
plus I'm religious and really going to need a bit of divine intervention to get through this lol) Also I now plan
to buy some cook books/nutrition book's.
- I have stockpiled (at a guess) 10/20 match box's in the attic and a dozen lighter's,despite this i do not
plan on having any open fires save camp stoves,the smoke will attract attention and as I am inside I
would have to do it over an open window,which is just advertising your presence to all Zeds in the area.
- I have a camp stove that I will move into attic
- I also have gas light's that I will also move upstairs
- Firelighters to help prevent the loss of matches/light fluid.
- My house is semi detached with the house next to it and that to another house next to it.,my plan is
to gently (so as not to bring down the whole wall and hopefully fairly quietly) make a small hole in my attic
wall (enough to crawl through) into the next door neighbours attics from here i will raid the house for
supplies and then destroy the stairs/barricade the door's (if poss able the sound may attract zombies)
- If all goes well i will eventually gain control of all 3 houses attic's and with any luck their upstairs too.
Also we will have the supplies from the kitchens/houses of all 4,from here we will wait it out.
- IF all does not go well and i need out. i will go out of my window's and hopefully into the car's and
then onto the coast (not too far away from me )
- If i need to escape and am surrounded but have time to plan the escape i will remove the barricade
from one house and then bait the zombies into it,i will then burn the house and in the mayhem escape
through the other houses into a car ,this is once again the weak point in my plan, i have no real escape
escape plan from this scenario.
- I will paint on my roof ALIVE INSIDE etc etc with a date on bottom and then update the date every month
or so, this way if i am overrun and killed people will not try to rescue/join me etc in vain.
- If the number of zombies decreases sufficiently i may risk raids on other houses nearby mine for supplies,
i will not venture the half mile down the road to the shop's unless i have under took 5 of thesere con's
without seeing a fully-functioning Zed.
- Once the Zed population has really reduced alot and they seem to be dieing off i will begin to look for
survivor's using my stay-at-home fortress as a base.
To make it clearer i will post a picture of myhouse plan....
My House Pre Zombie Mod
the attic has been shrunk to fit in,I do not keep supplies next to boiler in real life but am too lazy to re-draw.
The scale is not entirely accurate in places,my bedroom is the wrong shape,my bathroom is
bigger and so is kitchen etc but this is just to
help you imagine what i am talking about :D.
My neighbours house is basically the same in set up.
Front Garden--- a small gravel and grass affair,i may dig a pit fall trap here but i may not as it may draw attention to
me/kill any survivor's looking for salvation.
Front door----metal and glass,Glass is half inch thick and shatter,shock,impact resistant. To barricade this i will first
move my dishwasher,washing machine,tumbler drier, 2 fridges and freezer in front of the door,On top of this i will
use the remnants of the stairs to barricade the entrance. In the narrow hallway this will be an almost impregnable wall.
Back door--- Glass sliding door- One inch thick glass door's,Very strong has withstood baseball hits and hammer
hits (missed a nail while putting a curtain up).I expect Zeds to come through front door mainly but to barricade this
i will put table on its side to cover the window and then move all furniture to door to barricade it further
Garden room--- made of glass plastic and aluminium,for show more than anything, it would not offer any resistance
to a hoard,cannot climb on it as it would collapse. I would move the junk in this in front of the back door as a slight
deterrent,but mostly i will disregard this as a barricade.
Garden ---The garden (you can see in picture) has a 6ft stone wall round of it and a 5ft wooden fence around the rest,it
is fairly sturdy and i don't expect Zed's to get in this way,i plan to put pit fall traps in the garden to catch any that do,i will
burn the contents of these pits if they got crowded using a combination of deodorant can's /flammable liquid filled water
balloons thrown from my upstairs window.
No large windows on ground floor (none big enough to easily crawl thru)
Window's on 2nd floor are much too high to reach without ladder.
(bug out bag)
Now with my stay at home plan the whole thing is built around the principle of no bug outs but... I would not be stupid, I would
have at the ready...
light gloves to keep finger's warm.
5 spare sets of socks (take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you)
Water purification tablets
Machete(relatively light melee wep)
canteen of water
preservable food (pot noodle's energy bars etc)
laser pointer (for silent communication/attention getting/pointing)
car keys ( i plan on hitting the car and hitting the coast if needs be )
Swiss army knife (obviously lol)
torch and spare battery's
wind up torch/radio
tent( not for setting up on the road but for when you DO find a hospitable place,its nice to have somewhere
to stay while your fortress is being perfected.
pack of cards
a roll of electrical tape
a roll of duck tape
Being British i rely solely on these,however i will not attempted to fight the hoard,hide and sneak,if i have to kill
one a quick slash/smash to the skull and move on before more Zed's sniff you out.
Crowbar ,made popular by Gorden Freeman it's fairly light weight,strong and packs a punch
Machete,sharp,light can be used to slice a skull .(been reading my Matt lol...tho my book got ruined :( )
Sledge hammer,this is for smashing down Zeds that may attempt sum sort of climbing,when my target is below
me i can really put some force behind the hammer,apart from this i would not use it except as a tool,
lead pipe,i found it in my attic,heavy and unwieldy it will jar my arm when i use it,nonetheless it's force is not to be sniffed at.
Simple spear-I have attached to a sturdy wooden pole a blade,it is Strong and has been tested by stabbing/slashing into wood i do not intend on using this combat as it is unwieldy but for precise stabs into the eye when i can reach them but they can't reach me.
Of these i would use machete mainly but sleep with crowbar by my bed,the extra weight makes me feel safer :D.
I do not plan on leaving my Stay-At-Home fort until the zed population has dropped ,But when this happens...
Having ridden a motorbike in the past i have 2 Set's of full leather's and crash helmet's at my house.On the rare
occasion that i need to leave the house i will wear these.
Now i have done the things
lets dothe people
This plan should be fairly easy for even unfit or less intelligent people to master,power tools could be used
to destroy stairs so it should be fairly adaptable.
I am in good shape as i cycle about 5 miles 5 days a week and do sit up's/press ups at least once a week.
No-one in my family is unfit and they shouldn't be dead weight's particularly.
The simplicity of the plan means that in a panic thing's shouldn't go wrong.
Stay hidden,if you don;'t see it, it don't exist.
Be care-full with water.
Stay silent alot of the time,no loud music/shouting except if distraction is needed.
Simplicity is best 9/10
I live in Spixworth a smallish village about 6 or 7 miles from Norfolk city centre. Their are alot of houses
near by but in an outbreak I'm assuming that alot of these would flee leaving me with a reduced Zed population.
Know your enemy
Zombies want to eat you SIMPLE
They do however have poor motor and co-ordination skills and as such are slow and clumsy,use this to
They are stupid,simply put, they have no cognitive thought at all just the desire to feed.The infection is
spread through bites and bodily fluid's.
Despite this do NOT underestimate them
The problem most Zack plans have is they concentrate on Zombie's In this section I will outline
other threat's and how i will deal with them.
- Mosquitoes-If an infected gets bit by a skeeter and then an uninfected gets bit by the same
skeeter,the infection could be spread,Due to the abundance of rotting meat available then skeeters
should thrive in summer To combat this we will keep our Stay-At-Home Fortress clean and keep cans of
RAID at the ready
- Raider's-In the beginning at least clans of raider's/travelers who have lost respect for human life
may travel the country raiding and looting,I do not think i will encounter this problem as my area is in the
country and fairly quiet.
- The mentally unstable-People who have lost their sanity and may attack humans them self,I will
simply treat these people like zombie's,for the greater good we cannot risk our lives trying to save or
rehabilitate these people.
Short run Plan
Stay hidden,Stay alive, munch the food,drink the water,stay down stay breathing.
Long run plan
Gradually make raids into other houses if Zeds population starts to fall,then into shops,further down the road.
.eventually to the supermarket about a mile and half down the road..once re-supplied hide a bit more or start
to venture out in search of more survivors.
Thanks for putting up with my spelling and grammar mistakes,
I have took the stairway idea from somewhere( a movie maybe) and of course have extracted stuff from
zombie movies and survival guides that I have read. BUT the plan itself is original all of this is my own
work have not copied from anywhere.
Latest page update: made by LJ126
, Apr 3 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by LJ126
- complete history)
Keyword tags: Centorium England house Invasion No weapons oxford plan River stay at home Survival UK Zombie
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|centorium||Any feedback on my plan||5||Apr 4 2012, 11:06 AM EDT by centorium|
|wkwkwkwk1||Problem with viewing page||6||Apr 4 2012, 5:29 AM EDT by centorium|
Thread started: Apr 3 2012, 7:31 AM EDT Watch
The right side of this page is cut, as it happens with many other large pages. What can I do????
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page