Sign in or
Code of Conduct
ZSDW CoC Version 2.46
Use of our threads and any contribution of content on this site constitutes acceptance and agreement to our revised Code of Conduct and WetPaint Terms of Service. If you violate the Code of Conduct or WetPaint ToS, we (the moderator and administration staff) reserve the right to revoke all known accounts belonging to you, as well as edit, relocate or delete any offending contribution place onto our site. We prefer to advise users of inappropriate behavior so that corrective action may be taken on behalf of the member in question, however, flagrant and repeated violations of our CoC will result in an immediate ban (aka "ZSDW Vacation Home") for any appropriate length of time. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
The ZSDW Moderator team and Administrative staff reserves the right to alter or change this Code of Conduct at any time to make it more appropriate to current topics or to address any change of policy or situation within the ZSDW. Members may or may not receive notification of these changes, so it is important for all members to periodically review the Code of Conduct to ensure compliance.
We have revised the Code of Conduct to provide a basic understanding of what's allowed and not allowed in or on our site's threads and articles. The following are the principle guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of our CoC:
- Ensure a non-threatening atmosphere for all visitors and members on the ZSDW website
- Adherence to WetPaint Terms of Service
- Ensure the privacy of all ZSDW members and that of our visitors
- Compliance with existing laws in an appropriate and mature context*
- Encourage responsible use of our site and discourage activities which could disrupt our community
- Encourage each member's freedom of expression and exchange of information, but in a mature and responsible manner
Pornographic or sexually offensive material is absolutely forbidden. You may not post or link to pornography or sexually offensive materials, nor post or link to shock sites, or any such excessively obscene material. If you are unsure whether what you wish to post may be in violation of this rule, please consult a moderator first before posting.
Many of the topics and activities discussed on the Zombie Survival & Defense Wiki (in both threads and article pages) present the possibility for accidents and injuries to occur. While these possible eventualities are unfortunate, they can and do happen. Visitors and Registered Users who choose to participate in any activities discussed on the ZSDW do so at their own risk and agree to release both Wetpaint and The Zombie Survival & Defense Wiki moderation and administration staff from any liability from minor or serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death. The ZSDW (staff and membership) will not be held liable for ANY loss, including costs or damages for any injuries or lost/broken/damaged property.
Violations of the Code of Conduct (CoC)
It is extremely important for you to understand that this section of our Code of Conduct isn’t designed to cover everything. We may take action — issue a warning, ban your account(s), request that a post, article or thread contribution be edited or the complete removal of offending content — if your conduct at the ZSDW is determined to be counterproductive to the Code of Conduct’s guidelines listed above.
All articles, posts, and threads are monitored by the Moderation and Administrative teams to maintain the highest quality of content and to ensure that only mature conversation is taking place. Threads that have violated the Code of Conduct may be locked and relocated, or recorded and removed, depending upon the situation. Violating or offending parties will be subject to corrective action.
The corrective procedure is different for article submissions. The ZSDW staff tries to offer alternatives before article deletion when there is content in an article that has been determined unsuitable or in violation of the Code of Conduct. A Moderator or Administrator will offer the original author of a given article the opportunity to edit the unsuitable content before corrective measures take place. Typically, this warning will be via PM. The author will have a short "grace period" to edit the unsuitable content before the Moderator staff will review the content and determine the article's fate. It may be edited to remove the unsuitable content or completely deleted. The final decision is at the discretion of the ZSDW staff.
Articles that possess content that grossly or intentionally violates the Code of Conduct will be subject to immediate removal and the offending author will be banned, waiving the privilege of an editing "grace period."
User Names and Avatar Imagery
User names and avatar imagery must not be in violation of this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to terminate accounts whose associated user names are in violation of this Code of Conduct, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate and/or particularly offensive. Avatar images found to be excessively disturbing, pornographic or otherwise offensive will also be under scrutiny; violators will be asked to change their image. Noncompliance will result in revocation of user membership. Users may be invited to register under a new name at our discretion.
You may not spam on the ZSDW site. The ZSDW staff reserves to right to review any alleged "spam" content and take corrective action immediately. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Excessive off-topic threads
- Posting nonsensical messages
- “Flooding” the thread section with similar meaning messages
- Inciting a forum war or riot
- Blatant advertising
- Messages without content
- Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
- Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)
Ad Hominem comments/personal attacks towards anyone - staff, member, or a visitor who is likely to view it on the forums (banned members) - is subject to the message being deleted and action taken against the offending member, regardless of how pertinent or thoughtful the rest of the message might be.
You may not use terms or audio/visual materials referring to ethnic/national origin, ideological/religious beliefs, gender, or sexual preference in a demeaning context. We have zero tolerance for discrimination. You are in violation of this rule if the nature of your post discriminates, promotes hate, promotes violence or advocates hatred or discrimination against individuals, groups, races, cultures or organizations because of their ethnic/national origin, religious ideology, skin color or culture.
If you use any terms in an offensive context against a person, race, culture, group or organization, as determined by our moderators, you are in violation of this rule. Please note that words carry different meanings in different cultures, and that while a word may be acceptable use in one part of the world, it may not be in another. In addition, any one can invent their own derogatory terms, unfortunately. Because of those factors, we will evaluate the context in which the term was used to determine whether a violation has occurred.
- You may not post any form of real life information about another user unless the user has first permitted it by expressed consent. Examples of real life information include name, address, IP addresses, and phone numbers.
- You may not distribute any form of real life information, email address, private/email Messages, and Instant Messenger messages (“Chatlogs”) with intent to harass or in any demeaning manner as determined by a moderator, regardless of consent.
- You may not disclose a user's unpublicized email address unless the user has first permitted it, either by actual consent or previously releasing said information.
- You may not post any form of real life information if you are 13 or under.
- You may not evade a ban. Doing so will drastically lengthen your ban.
- You may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators.
- You may not restore any message, article or post that has been edited by a moderator.
- You may not post a message on behalf of a banned forum member.
- You may not bait/troll other users. Baiting includes posting with a clear intent to provoke anger or arguments, as well as behavior that directly results in other users violating the CoC. Trolling includes repeatedly posting the same comment/post, especially with intent to disrupt conversation.
- You may not bait, insult, flame, or otherwise abuse a staff member. Staff members must follow the same rules as other users. Should you have a problem with a certain staff member, please contact another member of the moderator or administration staff.
- You may not post graphically-disturbing images as online images (such that the images are displayed when users view your post). However, you can link to the images with a warning stating that the images are graphically disturbing
- You may not post in a manner that is harmful to the ZSDW. For example, “ZSDW forums suck. Go here!” If you do, the post will be deleted and you will be banned.
- You may not register multiple accounts with intent to violate any part of this CoC.
Latest page update: made by Maricely
, Mar 25 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Maricely
54 words added
85 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|pelletmaker||pellet mill||1||Apr 27 2012, 9:45 PM EDT by SasquatchJim|
|PaiKurosaki||Mods||6||Jan 26 2012, 9:40 AM EST by Marsden|
Thread started: Apr 14 2011, 11:28 AM EDT Watch
Just curious as to if i might have all the mods usernames as i just started this and i usualy talk to people who have clues on hwat i can d here as i have looked around but dont knnow the site by heart yet so yeah just curious.
1 out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?
|Carnack||CoC Rule 14 Suggestion||5||Jan 26 2012, 9:38 AM EST by Marsden|
Thread started: Dec 6 2009, 12:33 AM EST Watch
"Any of these rules may be changed at a moments notice, and it will be up to you to find out what the new rules are, and abide by them."
Okay now I might be a black sheep on this but I don't make it a habit of checking the Codes of Conduct regularly. Might I suggest that when a rule is changed the Mods/Admins send out a sitewide PM to notify us?
Just a general outline of the change and/or reasoning for it if required and the CoC page link.
Showing 3 of 10 threads for this page - view all