Sign in or
Jamesxx7x' Survival Plan
Pre-Zday: This is what I will do now until the zombie's come to prepare (assuming they aren't coming tomorrow)
Food- Un-perishable food items are a must, and will be bought once a week with spare money, these along with fresh water, vitamins, protein powder, powdered milk, and anything that could make me last longer in my own home. Note: I will only hold enough to fit in the upper closets of my room, and to fill a certain portion of the trunk of my car because I don't really want to get too attached to my house.
Fortification Items- Scrap metals, nails, screws, wood, spray paint, chains, duct tape, rope and anything else i can build traps with will be bought on a monthly basis with spare money and kept in my garage and upstairs closet of my room.
Fortification Plans- I will be making blue-prints for certain traps, ladders, and blockades that I will be capable of creating in my own home, while still leaving a possible escape route.
Weaponry: I do not own a fire arm, and will not until I am hopefully trained to use one by the US NAVY special forces (What I am trying to join at the moment) With that said, the machete I own will be sharpened to the point that it will actually be lethal, and I will attempt to come in to possession with effective back up weapons for myself and anybody else before then (I already own a sword, two Asps, a metal tire beater, a staff, and other close range items)
Other: Camping stove/propane, survival radio, high power flashlight, a weight set, hand sanitizer, note pads/pens (for recording how the zombies act and other things for future reference by myself or anybody who may end up with my notebook) magazines, disinfectanct, medicine, hygiene items, an "australlian shower", Bike machine (for working out cardio without electricity) Fabreeze and amonia (to get rid of scent of the dead and myself incase they can smell me, allowing me to bare living in my house longer) (to be updated)Zday: The list in chronological order of Plan A and B of my actions during Zday.
-If he is unavailable then I work alone and set up my house and hope he is either able to hold up long eough for me to get to him, or hope that he is able to get to me before infection has spread too much.Call Tyler: He is my best friend and somebody I can trust to help me (you should get one too)
-Step one: Lock the doors and Board the Windows (this won't take long as there are only 3 places that need to be boarded up downstairs), I'll only lock the doors incase I need to make a fast trip to a neighbor or back yard, I need to be able to leave my house until I am fully prepared.Fortification: I currently live in a two story loft and will prepare my house for break in and self defense.
-Step two: Park my car strategically outside my window for the fastest escape possible and lock it so its not stolen or stolen from. (assuming they won't waste time breaking the windows)
-Step three: Move upstairs. This consists of moving everything useable upstairs.
Small freezer from garage, food, chairs, the doors, and other items that can be broken down or used to barricade the one path upstairs.
-Step four: Steal, my house and the houseing around me is set up in such away that I can move through mine and the neighbors yards without being detected (hopefully) by zombies, this means I should have ample time to steal wood from their fencing, and if nobody is home take anything I may need.
-Step five: Utilizing my new resources.
1. Assuming that I have boughten nails and rope by then my first step will be rendering my staircase impossible to use. This will be done by nailing no less than a dozen nails in various locations into thin wood, then nailing that wood with nails facing up on each step of my staircase (this would HOPEFULLY make anything advancing upwards fall and possibly have its skull pierced)
2. The rope will then become how I get up and down stairs if I need to.
3. From here, using scrap metal and screws, and nails I will rig the doors from down stairs to block the top of my stair case from anything that may have made its way up.
4. (All these will be made visible if you are skeptical in my blue-prints when I draw them up)-Step six: Traps
1. Using the weight set i mentioned earlier, I will attach a chain to anything I don't use. Should a break in occur and my down stairs is flooded by infected, a drop of a 20-30 lbs wieght to the head should be effective in damaging the brain and hopefuly killing a zombie. The chain would then allow me to pull the weight back up and continue until the area downstairs is clear. Also, if I had somebody else with me I would use a bar and we could both pull a 45 lbs bar up with a chain easily and efficiently.
2. Holes would be cut in my barricade door at the top of the stairs to allow me to use my staff (sharpend or un sharpened) to push anything at the top of my stairs down.
3. (to be updated)-Step eight: Being noticed... I will use my cans of spray paint to give note that somebody upstairs is alive, however I will only do so inside the house, not outside, I don't want to be flooded with people looking for a place to stay, I only plan on having or allowing up to 2 other people upstairs.
1. In my room is a travel bag that I will load up with essentials. EX: Clothing, food, hygiene items, and other survival items (should I be stranded or on foot)
2. If my car is available I will make my way to Tylers Cabin in that, hopefully he will have made his way there too, and if not him his family may have and I will have a very remote place not too far from town that I can make it to, fortify, and survive in.
3. If my car is unavialable and the area is somewhat clear of infected, then I will make my way on foot to tylers cabin (the way to get there I can make on hillsides away from the most dense part of town)
4. I will be armed with my round, modified metal sled as a shield, and a machete (both are light enough for me to handle efficiently and allow me to run)
5. It is possibly a 3 to 4 hour trip by foot from my house so I will make the trip around noon if possible.
-His cabin is filled with 3 months worth of food and water for food and water for 5 people, plenty of firewood, weaponry, and ect. But I have not been there enough to make actual defensive plans so I will leave that to my skills in improvization until further notice.
THE END OF PLAN "A" FOR NOW(Plan B mostly involves being around Tyler and possibly other people, so I will add on to this based on what he posts later.)
Latest page update: made by Jamesxx7x
, Dec 28 2009, 5:06 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Jamesxx7x
25 words added
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|DismemberU||6/10||0||Dec 6 2010, 7:02 PM EST by DismemberU|
Thread started: Dec 6 2010, 7:02 PM EST Watch
it is alot better than some of the plans i've read, but it still needs alot of revising. First, barricades only slow them down, it doesnt stop them. The only way to make sure they dont get to you in your second story is completely destroying the staircase. Running outside in the middle of the day with only one weapon and a metal sled for protection isnt the most intelligent idea, especially if your alone. Get a gun, 'nuff said. For the whole "cabin" thing. Considering your means of reinforcements already planned out were "dropping a weight on its head and barricading the stairs" i wouldnt particularly trust you to improvise. especially if your already under pressure. overall, 6/10 from me. I'd consider more revising. Good luck and Happy Zombie Hunting (=
1 out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?
|JoshRogers||Okay. (page: 1 2)||22||Nov 17 2010, 10:14 PM EST by chitoryu12|
Thread started: Oct 8 2010, 12:37 PM EDT Watch
Personally, the hole "drop the wieght on the zombies head tactic" sound rather dubious to me.
Firstly, how are you stopping them from getting upstairs?
Secondly, That tactic wouldn't work against ragers Fo' Sho' and i doubt it would work against the 'tarded zombies. All they have to do it grab hold of the wieght if you miss, and you've lost a weapon.
I personally would destroy the stairs and have some form of rope ladder after you have everything upstairs and either have a shooty weapon or wait the whole thing out till you next step.
You must be INCREDIBLY brave/stupid to walk out in the day during a Zombie apocolypse with a machete and a piece of metal, you would get overwhelmed EASILY if you get into CC with a single rager (or a couple of 'tarded zombies). GET A SHOOTY WEAPON... =D
And the cabin thing; considering your proactiveness in preparing for a Z.A. It doesnt sound like you can brilliantly fortify it, or thought through fortifying it.
Do you find this valuable?
|TheLastRhino||Critique||6||Feb 6 2010, 10:48 PM EST by knowledgeisstrenght|
Thread started: Jan 5 2010, 4:11 AM EST Watch
You say you don't own a firearm and wont get one until you're a SEAL, but what are the odds of that actually happening? No offense but that's tough to get into. Get a firearm now if possible (If you're of age), and train with it. You don't need special forces training to hit a slow moving target. Get a bird hunting shotgun, and learn to shoot skeet. Then get a rifle and practice with it. Handguns come natural after being able to use rifles. Not only will this give you more protection now (from zombies or criminals), but it'll give you an edge up in training. (It won't look good if you can't qualify with an M9 in boot cause you've never trained with anything.) And what kind of sword do you own? Unless you paid 10,000 bucks for a razor sharp hand-made katana, odds are it's a show piece for collecting. REAL swords are hard to come by. Wouldn't trust a novelty for hacking zombie heads off. Get yourself something you don't have to get that close to use (a gun). Oh and good luck in your endeavors toward becoming a SEAL.
Do you find this valuable?
Showing 3 of 3 threads for this page