Sign in or
Model: The MK-19 grenade launcher is capable of firing 40mm grenades at 375 rounds per minute when used on auto-fire. Upon impact, these grenades will have lethal effect to within fifty feet, and easily kill out to a hundred. A trained gunner can land accurate hits out to several hundred meters. The MK-19 gives explosive firepower with similar size and logistics to a heavy machine gun.
The MK-19 has been in service since 1967, making it a weapon designed during the Vietnam war. It replaced the hand-cranked MK-18, with nearly 35,000 having been produced for a variety of countries around the world. It can be found on light vehicles, in fixed positions and also on some helicopters.
Where to find:
Military only (with the exception of one in collector hands, last I saw he was looking to offload it for a cool $300,000 (http://www.urban-armory.com/cart/proddetail.php?prod=mk19)), so you'll only be finding these on military vehicles and at bases. If the owner still has it, don't try to take it. Even if you could buy one (you could buy that one), a single Mk 19 and tripod is close to $14,000($300,000 for civilian legal one).
The Mk 19 is a big automatic weapon, making it difficult to use without prior training -- or having a manual next to you the whole time.
Size and weight:
Weight 72.5 lbs (gun only). Barrel length 16.25 in. Total length 43.1 in.
Belt fed, disintegrating links. Usually in 32 or 48-round cans.
The safety is on the back of the baseplate; back for ON, forward for OFF.
Loading: How to load the firearm and make ready to fire.
1) Point the weapon in a safe direction. You do not want an accidental discharge with a grenade launcher.
2) Open the top cover of the weapon and inspect the feed tray mechanisms for blockages or damage to the movable mechanisms. Ride the bolt forward slowly and gently.
3) Slide the safety back into the ON position.
4) Pull the charging handles back and up to lock them upright.
5) Slide the ammo belt into the feeder throat.
6) Lay the first grenade across the feeder pawl.
7) Move the feed slide assembly on the bottom of the feed tray cover to the left for proper feeding.
8) Close the feed tray cover firmly and slide the safety forward into the OFF position.
9) Pull the charging handles back and push them forward to load the weapon.
How to unload and make safe.
How to take down the weapon for cleaning, with pictures if possible.
The 40x53mm grenades are more powerful than those in the M203 and similar hand-held grenade launchers; do NOT interchange these rounds.
Latest page update: made by theman838
, Nov 7 2011, 8:13 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
added m19 link
2 words added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.