Sign in or
Zombie Disaster (Alpha v0.21)The game is subject to a lot of changes; as you can see the current actions are arbitrary and, as highlighted by another user, subjective. This will not be the case in later versions. Bear with me.
v0.2 (Quick fix)
Added Pork Barrelling for Congress.
Explained rioting more.
Added "per turn" to US President's actions.
Troops being rioted against can only kill 1 infected per turn.
Restricted nuclear bombs usage.
v0.21 (Quick fix)
Pork barrelling now gives 25% popularity per turn.
Removed perquisite to quarantining.
Clarified many rules.
Here we go...
USA 2012 it happens; a zombie outbreak in two of the most important US States, California and Texas.
An estimated 5% of the population of these states are infected. It is now up to the US government to stop it no matter the cost.
The rules for playing are as follows:
- Four people will pick a political position they wish to hold. This can be any from President, Congress Majority Leader, to the Governor of either California or Texas.
- Their objective is to either crush the zombie infection OR to remain the last political leader.
- Players take it in turns to choose an action; the President goes first, followed by Congress, followed by the two Governors in any order.
- At the end of the turn the game master will calculate popularity, zombie infection levels and order.
There are four players in every game.
1. The President
2. The Congress Majority Leader
3. The Governor of Texas
4. The Governor of California
Every player has to watch out for their popularity. If it drops too far bad **** happens. Essentially this is a game about Federalism, power, who has power and brokering deals to remain in power.
Popularity: Out of 100%
If it drops to 30% for President, riots start in all states. Riots decrease order by 2 per turn. President must either raise their popularity or resign. In which case they are out of the game and their powers go to Congress.
If it drops to 45% for Congress it gets gridlocked and can't pass legislation which makes the popularity worse. Congress must either then raise its popularity or resign. If it resigns powers go to either the President or the Governors, in that order. If troops are stationed by Congress in a state and Congress' popularity drops below 20% citizens will begin to riot against troops at a cost of 2 order per turn.
If it drops to 25% for Governors, riots start. these decrease order by 1 per turn. Governors must either raise popularity or resign. If a governor resigns his state is directly taken control of by either Congress of the President, in that order.
Infected: Out of 100
Starts at 5. Calculation is that infection increases by 50% each turn and has 2 added on for each number below 10 on the order scale after the 50% is added on. If the infection rate reaches 100 then the governor of the affected state is killed. A governor can be reassigned if control of the state is reachieved.
Order: Out of 10
Starts at 9. Decreases by 1 for every 10% infected and is rounded up if it passes a 5% mark. Order is calculated at the end of a turn, however, its effects are not felt until the turn after.
Policies: Below are a list of policies which the President, Congress and Governors can carry out. These have various effects upon Popularity, Order and the Infected. All policies are either single use (S), which means they can only be activated once and cannot be used again unless the policy is first revoked. Othere are one use temporarily and can be done again as soon as a time has passed (T). Other policies can be used repeatedly for increased effect (R).
President· (T) Issue troops to a state for 2 turns with War Powers Act. (-20 popularity per turn)Decreases infected by 3 each turn. Decreases infected 1 per turn if being rioted against. Increase Order by 1 per turn.
· (S permanent) Use nuclear weaponry. (-60 popularity) Takes 50 off the infected in one state. Also decreases Congress' popularity by 50% if it is not vetoed. Decrease order by 7 Cannot be used until a state of emergency has been declared.
· (S) Demand a state evacuate citizens. (-10 popularity) Slow infection growth by 20%. Also decreases the governors popularity by 15 if implemented. Decrease order by 3 Governor must use his turn to either accept or deny the President's demand.
· (S) Propose a bill for mandatory vaccinations. (-35 popularity) Decrease order by 1. Allows governors to use their vaccination powers.
· (S) Suspend Habeas Corpus (-5 popularity per turn) (+1 order per turn)
· (S) Internment (-15 popularity per turn) (+2 order per turn)
· (R) Build refugee camp (+10 popularity) Increase infection growth by 5% per camp built. +1 order.
Congress Majority Leader· (S) Can restrict gun laws (-15 popularity) Increase infection growth by 10% (+2 order in state)
· (S) Can declare a state of emergency (-5 popularity per turn) Decrease infection growth by 5%. (+3 order in state) Allows Governors to increase police powers.
· (T) Can use the army for as many turns as desired, only 1 army can be deployed to each state. (-15 popularity per turn) Lowers infected by 3 each turn. Decreases infected 1 per turn if being rioted against. Increase Order by 1 per turn.
· (S) Order closure of state hospitals. (-30 popularity) -25% infection growth -4 order
· (T) Overrule a decision of the President (Opposite effect on popularity)
· (T) Pork Barrelling. (+25 popularity per turn) Takes 2 turns.
Governors· (R) Distribute medical masks (+5 popularity) Decreases infection growth by 5%
· (T) Give speech (+5 popularity)
· (S) Increase police firepower (+5 popularity) Decreases infection growth by 5% +1 order. Need Congress to declare state of emergency
· (S) Increase police powers (-10 popularity per turn) Decreases infection growth by 5% +2 order Need Congress to declare state of emergency
· (S) Provide riot police (-10 popularity per turn) Decreases infection growth by 5% +3 order Need Congress to declare state of emergency
· (S permanent) Bus civilians to get mandatory vaccines (-30 popularity) Decreases infection growth by 25% permanently -5 order for 4 turns. Needs presidential bill.
· (R) Quarantine a block. (-5 popularity per turn) -10% infection growth. +1 order
· (S) Censor TV Crews (-25 popularity) +6 order.
A new zombie game by Marsden. Wetpaint owns no rights to this, by uploading it to Wetpaint the Creative Commons law is superseded by prior private copyright belonging to Marsden. Wetpaint owns nothing and has no claim to any content put on here by Marsden or any other user of this material. BAM!
Latest page update: made by Marsden
, Jun 9 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Marsden
2 words added
2 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|Marsden||Zombie Disaster - Game 1 (page: 1 2)||37||Jun 13 2011, 12:27 AM EDT by OriginalClamurai|
Thread started: Jun 7 2011, 6:52 PM EDT Watch
President: Marsden (Acting only for game 1)
Congress Majority Leader: Crapshot
California Governor: OriginalClamurai
Texas Governor: Pwned9080
President: Popularity 100%
Allright, let me know if you want to sign up. Throw your name and the part you wish to play!
|Marsden||Questions and Answers thread (Zombie Diasaster)||8||Jun 9 2011, 6:00 PM EDT by Marsden|
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page